Winter 2022 Update
We are delighted restrictions are easing in relation to Covid 19. In light of the 27 January 2022 government guideline changes we are continuing to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit. But as cases remain high we need your help to ensure the continued safety and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers.
Please take a couple of minutes to read the following information before your visit. If you have any further questions please see the FAQ’s below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
In light of Covid-19, we would like to assure our visitors that:
- We will do our utmost to ensure everyone has the space to enjoy the museum safely.
- We will sanitise the museum regularly throughout each day, with special attention paid to high-contact areas such as handles, banisters and bathrooms.
- We have strict procedures in place for our staff and our volunteers, including temperature checks on arrival at work each day and regular testing.
- Staff are committed to having regular tests for covid-19.
In return, we kindly ask visitors to:
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with covid-19 or have been notified by the NHS track and trace system to isolate.
- Continue to wear a face covering. It is no longer mandatory to do so, but the government suggests you continue to wear one in crowded and indoor spaces where you may encounter people you do not normally meet. So, in line with this, we encourage it for the safety of everyone in the museum.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and others.
- Follow all staff and volunteer instructions and signage in the museum.
Garden Museum Visitor Q&A
What will be open?
All spaces are open as usual. Please note that the Museum and Café have separate entrances. Booking is essential. All queries contact: email@example.com or 02036409322
Please be aware, our Shop and Café are now card only and we will not be accepting cash payments for hygiene reasons.
Our Shop, selling exhibition merchandise and other goodies will be open and can be accessed during your visit.
How do we buy a ticket? Do you have timed tickets?
We ask that you book your tickets in advance of your visit. This is so we can ensure there will be no overcrowding and you can experience the exhibitions in a safe and welcoming environment.
You can buy a day ticket online in advance. We are offering timed-entry tickets. Our team is on hand to manage a safe and distanced flow of visitors around the galleries.
You can book your advance day tickets on our website here.
How do we enter the building?
On arrival, please come to the Welcome Desk entrance (the entrance by the medieval tower).
What safety measures do you have in place?
We kindly ask that you follow the direction of signage and practice current social distancing measures. The Museum has been deep cleaned and sanitising stations will be available throughout the building for your use. Perspex screens have been installed at our Welcome Desk and Shop, and enhanced cleaning will routinely take place throughout the day.
We have a limited the number of visitors into the galleries at any one time, so please be patient if there is a queue.
Do we need to wear a face covering?
It is no longer mandatory for visitors to wear a face covering whist in the museum. However, we encourage you to wear one and to be respectful of other people’s choice as per the current government guidelines
Do we need to sign in with the Covid-19 NHS Track and Trace app?
It is no longer a government requirement to check into a venue on the app. However we understand that some people may still prefer or need to. We will not ask anyone to do this for general admission to the museum, but we will display the QR code at the Welcome Desk if you would like to scan in.
Do I need to show my Covid Pass or proof of vaccination for entry to the museum?
You do not need to show your NHS Covid Pass or proof of vaccination for standard entry to the museum.
However, when it is busy in the museum and for special events we reserve the right to ask you for your NHS Covid Pass, proof of vaccination or negative lateral flow test result (within 48 Hour of the event or visit) before you can gain entry to the museum. This will be communicated to you in advance by email and the events page on our website.
I am a Friend of the museum. Do I still need to book?
Yes. To allow for social distancing and avoid crowding we are asking that our Friends continue to book in advance of your visit. Your entry will still be free.
Can I still help the Museum at this time?
Yes please. The Garden Museum is an independent museum and a charity and we are only able to re-open because of the generous response to our public appeal. You can help us to rebuild our programmes by becoming a Friend, making a donation or joining as a Patron.