We want to make certain that everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit to the Garden Museum.
To help ensure the safety and wellbeing of our visitors, staff and volunteers please read the following information before your visit.
In light of Covid-19, we would like to assure our visitors that:
- We will do our utmost to ensure everyone has the space to enjoy the Museum safely.
- The Museum has undergone thorough cleaning in preparation for reopening.
- We will sanitise the Museum regularly throughout each day, with special attention paid to high-contact areas such as handles, banisters and bathrooms.
- We have strict procedures in place for our staff and our volunteers, including temperature checks on arrival at work each day.
- Staff are committed to having regular tests for Covid-19 including the enhanced PCR test.
In return, we kindly ask visitors to:
- Stay away if you show any symptoms associated with Covid-19.
- Continue to wear a face covering unless you are exempt.
- Sanitise your hands on arrival.
- Maintain a safe distance between you and others.
- Refrain from touching cases and other surfaces.
- Follow all staff and volunteer instructions and signage in the Museum.
Garden Museum Visitor Q&A
What will be open?
All of our galleries will be open for you to enjoy, including The Wolfson Ark. We have designed our current exhibition Constance Spry and the Fashion for Flowers to allow for social distancing and all pieces to be on display. At present, admission to Constance Spry and the Fashion for Flowers is by timed entry only and tickets for this are available on our website.
Our Café has resumed table service which can be enjoyed safely in our garden. Please access the Museum and Café through the main Café entrance. Booking is essential and please visit our website to book a table.
Please be aware, our Shop and Café are now card only and we will not be accepting cash payments for hygiene reasons. Our Shop, selling exhibition merchandise and other goodies will be open and can be accessed during your visit.
Our Toilets will be available and we ask that visitors take extra care to maintain social distancing and cleanliness. Cleaning will take place regularly, so please expect brief periods of closure. Our Toilets are for Museum, Café and exhibition visitors only.
How do we buy a ticket? Do you have timed tickets?
You can buy a day ticket online in advance. We are offering timed-entry tickets. Our team will be managing a safe and distanced flow of visitors around the galleries. You can book your advance day tickets on our website here.
How do we enter the building?
On arrival, please come to the main Café entrance – this will be the only entry point for both Museum and Café visitors.
What safety measures do you have in place?
We kindly ask that you follow the direction of signage and practice current social distancing measures. The Museum has been deep cleaned and sanitising stations will be available throughout the building for your use. Perspex screens have been installed at our Welcome Desk and Shop, and enhanced cleaning will routinely take place throughout the day. We are limiting the number of visitors into the galleries at any one time, so please be patient if there is a queue and bear with us while we adjust and adapt. Staff and volunteers will continue to wear face coverings and we would like all visitors to do the same, unless they’re exempt.
Do we need to wear a face covering?
Yes, it is mandatory for all staff, volunteers and visitors to wear a face covering whilst inside the museum (please note the Garden Museum Café is exempt). We encourage all visitors to bring their own masks but we will have some to purchase for £1 at the museum entrance should you forget.
Can I still help the Museum at this time?
Yes please. The Garden Museum is an independent museum and a charity and we are only able to re-open because of the generous response to our public appeal. You can help us to rebuild our programmes by making a donation or joining as a Patron.