A silver bowl trophy with two leaf handles from which are suspended a small bunch of grapes. The trophy was presented by the LCC (Staff) Association for their staff Horticultural Society, and there’s a reference to the GLC from 1.4.65. The wooden base has a silver collar engraved with the names and dates which the various departments won, between 1930 and 1987. The winning departments included, amongst others, Supplies, Architect’s, Public Health and Education Officer’s. The cup was donated to the Garden Museum in 1988 when the GLC was disbanded.
Sliver and Wood