Welcome Team Volunteer Role description
The Garden Museum, housed in the old church of St. Mary-at-Lambeth, is a space in which we explore our relationship with, and the social history of gardens. Welcome Team volunteers welcome visitors and operate tills at the front desk and in the shop. They enhance the visitors experience by ensuring a high level of customer service and answering any questions visitors may have about the collection or the Museum when appropriate.
Monday to Sunday 10:00- 14.00, 13:30 – 17:30 (or all day)
A minimum of 4 hours a week commitment for a three month period
We are particularly looking for people available to volunteer on Mondays, Thursdays and at the weekend. Please state on the registration form which days you are available to do.
• Welcoming visitors at the entrances
• Operating the tills at the welcome desk and the shop
• To be friendly and informative
• To perform ad hoc duties when necessary
• To answer any questions that the visitors have about the collection or operational aspects of the museum where appropriate
• Direct visitors around the museum where appropriate
• To inform visitors on becoming a Friend of the museum and events
• To maintain the appearance of the interactive spaces within the museum
• To be a presence on each level of the museum
• Ensuring vigilance at all times with regard to the safety and security of our collection and visitors
• To understand and implement the fire evacuation procedure with primary regard to visitor and personal safety
• Customer Service
• Open and keen attitude with a willingness to learn
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience
• Ability or willingness to learn a range of information about the Museum, the collection, and the local area
• Ability or willingness to learn the basic operation of a simple till system
• Ability to build strong working relationships with staff and other volunteers
• A reasonable level of physical dexterity
This role will include a large amount of standing
You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at the Garden Museum
You must agree to the Museum’s Covid 19 policy and procedures. Of which you will be made aware of before you start.
If you have any questions regarding this post please do not hesitate to contact us. If you wish to register your interest please download the form below and email it to: email@example.com.