The Garden Museum, housed in the old church of St. Mary-at-Lambeth, is a space in which we explore our relationship with, and the social history of gardens. Every Saturday during terms time we try to organise family activities. We ask the Saturday Family Activities Education volunteers to set-up, deliver and possibly assist the Education Officer in the development of our family activity.
Saturdays 10:00- 13:30
A minimum of 4 hours a week commitment for a three month period
• To set up and tidy up all activities.
• To deliver workshops in the education room
• Supporting self-guided tours of the Museum.
• To be friendly and informative
• To perform ad hoc duties when necessary
• To answer any questions that the visitors have about the collection or operational aspects of the museum where appropriate
• Direct visitors around the museum where appropriate
• To understand and implement the fire evacuation procedure with primary regard to visitor and personal safety
• Enjoy working with children
• Ability or willingness to learn how to work with children in both a formal and informal learning environment
• Open and keen attitude with a willingness to learn
• Confidence in communicating verbally in English
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide audience
• Ability to build strong working relationships with staff and other volunteers
• Ability or willingness to learn a range of information about the Museum, the collection, and the local area
• Flexibility and adaptability
• A reasonable level of physical dexterity
This role will include a large amount of standing and some lifting.
You must be at least 18 years old to volunteer at the Garden Museum.