The Garden Museum aims to be the leading centre of ideas, research, celebration and debate around the design, history and culture of gardens. In order to do this we make these commitments to our visitors, establishing what people can expect when they visit the Garden Museum or interact with us externally.
The Garden Museum’s commitments to customers:
- We will ensure the Garden Museum is a welcoming environment for all to enjoy.
- We will pursue a reputation of excellence for our permanent displays, temporary exhibitions and events.
- We will ensure the building and facilities are well maintained, and when there are faults, endeavour to rectify them in a timely manner with minimal disruption to visitors.
- We will ensure that as much of our collection as possible is available to the public.
- We will strive to ensure that all visitors are able to enjoy the Museum, regardless of their access requirements, as outlined in our access policy, and will address as many barriers as possible which prevent people enjoying our collections and activities.
- We will ensure that our staff offer high standards of courtesy, helpfulness and knowledge, are identifiable to our visitors, and will deal efficiently and courteously with all enquiries.
- We will encourage customer feedback, offer a variety of ways for visitors to tell us how we are doing, and respond in an efficient way and will learn from feedback to improve our facilities and visitor experience.
- We will ensure the information we provide is accurate, clear and reliable, whether that be in the interpretation of our collections, signage in our galleries, on our website or in printed literature.