Not found what you were looking for? You might find your answer in our frequently asked questions, or alternatively you can get in touch with us directly.
Facilities and transport
- Are there facilities for those in wheelchairs?
The Museum has a lift for the mezzanine galleries, as well as a disabled toilet. Please contact us directly if disabled parking is required.
- Is there parking for minibuses or coaches at the Museum?
Unfortunately we don’t have any dedicated parking; however parking is available for minibuses nearby at the Novotel London Waterloo and drop off points for coaches in Lambeth Road.
- How can I get to the Museum?
The Museum has good transport links. Buses number 3, 77 and 344 stop outside the museum. Vauxhall, Westminster and Lambeth North tube stations are within walking distance of the Museum.
- Can classes have lunch at the Museum?
Yes, we have a large Learning Space where your students can have lunch. We would ask that packed lunches use minimal packaging as we try to recycle all waste where possible. Please let us know if you will be eating packed lunches in advance.
- Is there a café where teachers can get food?
The Garden Museum has a café, which serves a variety of hot and cold food and drinks which are freshly prepared on the premises.
- What is the cancellation policy?
In the unlikely event that you need to cancel your visit, please inform the Learning department before the day of your visit by email.
- What time does the Museum open?
The Museum opens at 10.30am, and closes at 5pm.
- I cannot get photo consent for the visit, will this be a problem?
No this will not be a problem, just let us know before you visit.
- Can I bring more than one class on the same visit?
We do not have capacity for two classes of 30 at the same time. If you would like to bring two classes on the same day it is possible to bring one class during the morning and one class during the afternoon.