"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" - William Morris
The Beautiful & Useful Craft Fair has gone online for 2020!
While we’re not able to hold our annual craft fair at the museum this year, instead we’re bringing the craft fair to you. From 4-6 December, we’re hosting 20 stallholders on our website, creating a virtual marketplace.
Browse a carefully curated selection of our favourite designers, artists and makers from the comfort of your own home, and support small, independent businesses this Christmas. At our online craft fair, you’ll find gifts that are made with care and shop direct from the makers themselves.
How it works:
- Preview the stalls on our website from Monday 30 November.
- Then shopping goes live at 10.30am on Friday 4 December!
- Browse all 20 stalls and click through to the stallholders’ online shops to buy from them directly if you see something you like.
- The virtual market will be live on our website until 5pm on Sunday 6 December, so make sure you don’t miss it!
- Check out stallholder highlights on our Instagram page throughout the weekend: @gardenmuseum
Zoom Workshop: Make Your Own Macramé Plant Hanger
Katie Mitchell from By-Me, will be in the beautiful surroundings of the Garden Museum ready to teach you how to make a macramé plant hanger with the Fair Curator Natasha Goodfellow and the Museum’s Public Programme Manager Emma Stones. You will be taken through each step, from start to finish, including learning the wrapped, spiral and square knot, trimming the hanger and at the end you will have made yourself a ‘Beautiful & Useful’ Macramé Plant Hanger ready to go and test out with your own pot and plant!
Sat 5 December, 2pm | £20 per person