The history behind the Garden Museum dates from the medieval era to the present day.
The Garden Museum was founded by Rosemary and John Nicholson in 1977 in order to rescue the abandoned church of St Mary’s at Lambeth, which was due for demolition. The church is the burial place of John Tradescant (c1570 – 1638), the first great gardener and plant-hunter in British history. His magnificent and enigmatic tomb is the centrepiece of the courtyard garden, designed to reflect Tradescant’s life and spirit.
Shot for Conley & Silvers LLP by Doug McKinlay Photography © DJMcKinlay: www.dougmckinlaypictures.com